You can style and color your own hair for under $20, but you choose to spend $100 or more every few weeks. Why? Because it’s nice to feel that “just stepped out of a salon” look to make you look and feel better. To be complimented.
You can take your own photos on your cameras and smartphones so why go to a studio and spend hundreds of dollars for a sitting fee? Because a photographer has that certain eye that will capture your best features. You may get options you wouldn’t do yourself because of time. For example, print and frame a great photo to create a conversation piece.
Hiring a designer uses both of those concepts. With all the social media inspiration and DIY tutorials, why hire a designer?
Your home is where you spend EVERYDAY. Your home should be a reflection of who you are. It should be your daily sanctuary and a place of comfort, as well as functionality. You entertain in your home. You create memories in your home, probably taking photos along the way. Shouldn’t your living room look as good as your family does in that photo? You should LOVE where you live.
Many people think that hiring an interior designer will be too expensive, or that they will makeover the whole house. Using a design professional can, and should, be a good experience. And it doesn’t have to go over your budget. Many people have found that working with a designer proved to be less expensive than trying to do it yourself. When you work with a designer:
- You are more likely to meet your budget.
- You are much less likely to make expensive mistakes.
- You have an expert working with you, someone who will make sure the end result is exactly what you were hoping for.
- You will save time, headaches, and money.
WHAT DOES A DESIGNER HAVE TO OFFER?
Great spaces do not happen by accident. Some people have a gift for putting together rooms in a way that is pleasing to the eye, as well as functional. However, most people struggle with this. It seems so easy, but still, they cannot make it happen. Interior designers have extensive training that accompanies an interior design degree.
When they look at and plan a room, they base it on the principles of design: scale and proportion, balance, rhythm, emphasis, and harmony. For a room to come together well, all these principles should be considered. They also pay attention to the elements of design: space, line, shape and mass, texture, light, color, and pattern. Designers use their knowledge in these areas to create interiors that are physically and psychologically comfortable, as well as beautiful and functional. A designer will take your vision and needs and combine them with design principles to create a space unique to you!
- Help you find and enhance your style – designers have the knowledge and expertise to help you pinpoint your style and needs. Their suggestions for you will work towards creating a home that reflects who you are.
- Solve problems – every project, small or large, presents challenges. Designers are trained in knowing how to come up with solutions that work, and solve the problems when they arise.
- Prevent costly mistakes – there are so many choices out there, and how do you know what is better than something else? Designers have the expertise and will guide you to make the right choices for you.
- Simplify your life – Designers can make the most of what you have and do the research to find what you need. We will do the work for you, and when your projects are done, your home will not only be beautiful, it will also be more functional.
- Make sure the job gets done – Designers collaborate with some of the best painters, installers, contractors etc. During a project they make sure that everything is completed, and that all the details have been taken care of.
- Give you access to resources unavailable to you – there is a world of furnishings, fabrics, accessories that are “to the trade only”. Working with interior designers gives you access to these.
FINDING A DESIGN PROFESSIONAL
Many of our designers offer packages to fit your time and budget.